This is a simple step by step procedure on how to get Darwin Calendar Server Version 3 running on a Centos 5 system. Note Version 3 is still in development and thus lots of flux. The configuration files are different from version 2 with some commonality but just copying version 2 configs over will not work! Read the bottom of this document for hints on migrating the configs over.
NOTE: REV:5265 was used for checking out calendarServer Trunk.
Under proxmox you need to enable the loop back device for the virtual to use it.
/calData.dsk /var/calData ext2 loop,user_xattr,rw 0 0
Make sure you’re All up to date and have all the necessary extras via yum
Build and Install python 2.5
Fetch Darwin calendarServer etc..
Build the calendar Server, this should now pull and compile any other parts required.
Running in Developer mode (ie not for production)
Install for production use (Warning… this is still BETA in development code, use at your own risk)
Start The servers
This will start Calendar server without demonising it. This will allow you to see all the logs scrolling past. Once you’re happy that it’s working just right you can remove the “-X” and it’ll run as a daemon process.
If you see errors
- Check for missing dependencies.
- Check caldavd is pointing to the write location for calendar root and calendar data.
- Make sure the calendar root and calendar data directories are on a filesystem with “user_xattr” enabled.
- Using SSL, make sure Cert is valid, in the right places. Check cert does not have a password on it.
- Check you have memcached installed.